Sunday, December 27, 2009

Back from the holidays





I'm back! Holidays are hell days for chefs! The truth is that chefs work overtime on holidays. Sad but true, but exciting as well.

Yesterday we celebrated my grandpa's birthday with a dinner at our "clubhouse". My aunt requested me and my cousin (who is currently an apprentice at Aubergine, the fort) to cook for dinner. We were also celebrating the arrival of one of my cousin's in-laws from Manila.

Our menu:

Slow Roasted Leg of Lamb
Spanish Rice
Moussaka
Gratin Potatoes
Pesto Pasta
Gambas

My cousin made the perfect gratin, my best so far. The potatoes came out very soft and flavorful and a bit creamy with a hint of rosemary. As for the lamb, we roasted it for 4 1/2 hours which made it very tender and moist. It was my first time cooking whole leg of lamb but I was surprise how easy it was to prepare. Moussaka which is a Greek dish of ground lamb, eggplants, artichokes and tomatoes topped with mornay and breadcrumbs was also a hit. For the spanish rice, I sauteed onions and bell peppers in butter then added tomatoes and tomato juice before adding the rice. It was a really flavorful dish. Pesto and gambas are regular dishes that I make for parties, nothing much to say except that pesto is my favorite sauce in the world!

Cheers to you guys! Hope you have a great new year! more dishes to come!

P.S If you want to ask for recipes just email me antonc09@yahoo.com or antonc09@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I tried to email to ask for recipes you but the email returned. May I have the recipes for leg of lamb, spanish rice, moussaka and gambas? also, did you use a meat thermometer for lamb...and if so, at what temp did you stop roasting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure...whats your ead? I'll give you my recipes with procedures :)

    ReplyDelete