Friday, December 11, 2009

my new pet Lobster


Last week I came across a shop near our place that said "Live Seafood for Sale" so I went in to take a look. Turns out that they had what I have been looking for - Lobster!! My heart went 1000 beats per minute! I've been searching for lobster during the past year but without success. These little creepy crawlies from the sea are hard to come by and very VERY expensive. I bought only one medium size 2 lbs lobster (I kept him alive of course).

The reason why I wanted to try out lobster is 1.) It is a delicacy. The meat, cooked to perfection, and combined with a good butter sauce is heavenly! 2.) Honestly speaking, I have never processed (kill, gut and cook) lobster my whole life. That's party because these critters as I've said are hard to come by and very expensive but there's always a first time for everything right?

On to cooking!! I searched for some recipes to best prepare my lobster and I choose to grill it. I found a very helpful video on youtube on grilling lobster tails. I only added a few ingredients like lemon juice, salt and black pepper. I basically followed the how part of the video and before I knew it BOOM! There in front of me was my first ever lobster dish. I could smell the buttery sauce that coated the lobster as well as the roasted garlic. I took a bite and that "ohhhh man it's perfect!" thought went into my mind.... The lobster first of all was cooked perfectly. I don't mean to brag but I was proud of the outcome. The sauce that was spooned over the lobster was also perfect! It seemed that lobster + butter = a heavenly eating experience. So how did it really taste? the dish melted in my mouth! It felt that no fine dining restaurant could satisfy me with any other lobster dish lol but of course they always come up with better stuff (and I hope they do).

For the guys: If you guys wanna impress your beautiful date or special someone try making lobster! Accompany it with a perfectly grilled steak and garlic mashed plus some fine wine and music. Trust me this is "shock therapy" level that will have the ladies calling on you and not the other way around!

For the ladies: Have your guy cook lobster for you period. LOL

5 comments:

  1. Does it help the flow? of the blood?

    datethechef.blogspot.com?
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. flow of the blood? bah i dont think so haha

    date the chef??hmmmmm watcha think? will i make a good date to girls?haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha buti naman ung guy magccook :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. dapat lang. that's why guys are formally called gentlemen in the first place haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever Anton, tinatanung pa ba yun, of course you do--- from a friend's point of view, so kung di tayo magkaibigay, I would say no. LOL Joke lang. I don't know--- ask the JP.

    ReplyDelete